In A Nutshell
- This pendant/necklace is handmade in Tasmania from sustainably sourced bamboo, recycled silver and glass.
- Our original photograph of coal on the beach was taken at the historic coal mines near Port Arthur, Tasmania (Australia)
- The waxed cotton cord has been finished with sliding knots so the piece can be worn at different lengths in order to suit the neckline of your garment. Colours vary between light brown and black depending on the design selected. If you have a preference, this request can be made at the checkout in the notes section.
- Size: Diameter: 42 mm, Thickness: 4 mm
- Comes in a beautiful gift box
Life at Port Arthur was tough for regular convicts. But few people know, it got even tougher. For the worst or unlucky offenders, they were sent to the nearby mines, up to 300 ft underground to dig for coal to provide fuel for the colony. The conditions were harsh, dark and damp with repeat offenders being confined to solitary cells within the mine. When the site was eventually abandoned, nature reclaimed the site and its buildings. Ruins and coal shale on the beach are all that remains of this dark chapter in Tasmanian history.
Coal On The Beach Collection
We also have other matching pieces in this Coal On The Beach design to create a lovely set, or if you prefer a different style.
- Each item is handmade to order. Please allow 1-4 business days for your pieces to be made before they are posted.
- Please note there may extended transit times due to Covid-19.
- A tracking number will be sent once your order is posted.
- We use reclaimed bubble wrap and biodegradable cardboard boxes for packaging.
- Sending As A Gift?
- We can also post directly to your loved one! Simply provide their details at the checkout under "Shipping Address."
- A short message from you can be written on a Myrtle & Me gift tag. This can be requested by letting us know what you would like to say in the notes section at checkout.
- A message can also be written in one of our greeting cards. Simply add one to the cart and then add your message in the notes section.
- Price stickers or receipts are never included in the package. Invoices will be emailed directly to you.
- Postage Within Australia
- Flat rate of $8.95 for regular postage an $11.95 for express.
FREE regular postage Australia-wide on orders over $60. Upgrade to express for an extra $5.
- International Postage
- We post to all countries!
- Flat rate of $20 for regular postage and $35 for express.
FREE standard international postage is free on orders $100 and over. Upgrade to express for $10.
- Would you like to help reforest areas around the world by planting a tree with your order? If so, click HERE for more information.
- Myrtle & Me donates a portion of each sale to environmental causes via One Percent For The Planet.